East Bay News
Woman's body found on side of the road
PITTSBURG -- A woman whose body was found on the side of the road in Pittsburg this morning appears to have died from a drug overdose, but police are waiting for further tests to determine her official cause of death, police Lt. Brian Addington said.
A newspaper deliverywoman found the body on the side of the off-ramp that leads from eastbound Willow Pass Road to Range Road shortly after 5 a.m.
There were no signs of trauma or injury to the woman's body, Addington said. Police have identified the woman, who was 46, but were not releasing her name this afternoon because her family hasn't been notified of her death.
crime, pittsburg, east bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze 24 min ago
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 43 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday