East Bay News
Woman's body found on side of the road
PITTSBURG -- A woman whose body was found on the side of the road in Pittsburg this morning appears to have died from a drug overdose, but police are waiting for further tests to determine her official cause of death, police Lt. Brian Addington said.
A newspaper deliverywoman found the body on the side of the off-ramp that leads from eastbound Willow Pass Road to Range Road shortly after 5 a.m.
There were no signs of trauma or injury to the woman's body, Addington said. Police have identified the woman, who was 46, but were not releasing her name this afternoon because her family hasn't been notified of her death.
crime, pittsburg, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case