East Bay News
Oakland Mayor to give State of the City address
OAKLAND, CA -- Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums will give his third State of the City address on Monday evening to outline his ideas on generating jobs and improving public safety, according to the City.
Dellums will also detail Oakland's federal stimulus efforts, according to his office.
The speech is open to the public and will be given in the Council Chambers at City Hall, located at 14th and Broadway streets.
The event begins at 6 p.m., and doors open at 5:30.
Free parking will be available at the Clay Street garage at 14th Street.
Additional information is available at www.oaklandnet.com.
ron dellums, oakland, budget cuts, east bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 5 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe 56 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 3 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 12 min ago
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos