East Bay News
Kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard files claim against state
There is a new development in the Jaycee Dugard kidnapping case.
ABC7's media partner, the Contra Costa Times, is reporting that Dugard, her two daughters and her mother have filed claims against the state for the failure of the parole system.
Dugard was kidnapped in 1991 and held in captivity until last year in parolee Phillip Garrido's backyard near Antioch.
Garrido, who is now in jail, is charged with her kidnapping and sexual assault.
Parole agents visited the property numerous times over the years.
These types of claims are normally followed by a lawsuit.
jaycee dugard, phillip garrido, east bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer 41 min ago
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
41 min ago