East Bay News
Kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard files claim against state
There is a new development in the Jaycee Dugard kidnapping case.
ABC7's media partner, the Contra Costa Times, is reporting that Dugard, her two daughters and her mother have filed claims against the state for the failure of the parole system.
Dugard was kidnapped in 1991 and held in captivity until last year in parolee Phillip Garrido's backyard near Antioch.
Garrido, who is now in jail, is charged with her kidnapping and sexual assault.
Parole agents visited the property numerous times over the years.
These types of claims are normally followed by a lawsuit.
jaycee dugard, phillip garrido, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 15 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes 9 min ago
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 39 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos