East Bay News
Detectives accused of violating Huckaby's rights
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Several police detectives in Tracy are under investigation, accused of violating the rights of murder suspect Melissa Huckaby.
According to the Stockton Record, one of the detectives who arrested Huckaby for the murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu last year may have said something that violated her rights.
Documents do not spell out exactly what was said, but Huckaby's public defender claims it was a violation of her protection from unreasonable search and seizure and is asking for some evidence to be thrown out.
A week-long hearing is scheduled for next month.
melissa huckaby, child death, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday