East Bay News
Detectives accused of violating Huckaby's rights
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Several police detectives in Tracy are under investigation, accused of violating the rights of murder suspect Melissa Huckaby.
According to the Stockton Record, one of the detectives who arrested Huckaby for the murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu last year may have said something that violated her rights.
Documents do not spell out exactly what was said, but Huckaby's public defender claims it was a violation of her protection from unreasonable search and seizure and is asking for some evidence to be thrown out.
A week-long hearing is scheduled for next month.
melissa huckaby, child death, east bay news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos