East Bay News
Officer struck by motorcycle during traffic stop
MARINEZ, CA (KGO) -- A CHP officer was hit by motorcycle during a traffic stop on Highway 4 Thursday afternoon.
The officer had just pulled over a vehicle in Martinez when he noticed his patrol car was rolling away.
He tried to get back in to stop it but was struck by a motorcycle in the process.
A CHP spokesperson say the officer likely has a broken leg; the motorcyclist suffered minor injuries.
highway 4, martinez, car crash, pedestrian struck, CHP, east bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos