East Bay News
Officer struck by motorcycle during traffic stop
MARINEZ, CA (KGO) -- A CHP officer was hit by motorcycle during a traffic stop on Highway 4 Thursday afternoon.
The officer had just pulled over a vehicle in Martinez when he noticed his patrol car was rolling away.
He tried to get back in to stop it but was struck by a motorcycle in the process.
A CHP spokesperson say the officer likely has a broken leg; the motorcyclist suffered minor injuries.
highway 4, martinez, car crash, pedestrian struck, CHP, east bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos