East Bay News
Officer struck by motorcycle during traffic stop
MARINEZ, CA (KGO) -- A CHP officer was hit by motorcycle during a traffic stop on Highway 4 Thursday afternoon.
The officer had just pulled over a vehicle in Martinez when he noticed his patrol car was rolling away.
He tried to get back in to stop it but was struck by a motorcycle in the process.
A CHP spokesperson say the officer likely has a broken leg; the motorcyclist suffered minor injuries.
highway 4, martinez, car crash, pedestrian struck, CHP, east bay news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 15 min ago
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California 34 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders 12 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San... 26 min ago
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- America's Cup teams practice on San...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos