East Bay News
El Cerrito considering crack down on false alarms
EL CERRITO, CA (KGO) -- The city of El Cerrito is considering new rules to crack down on false security alarms and police are pushing the proposal.
It requires users to register their alarms with police or face fines. Alarm companies would also have to teach customers how to operate them properly.
Police say they waste too much time responding to false alarms.
el cerrito, crime, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos