East Bay News
El Cerrito considering crack down on false alarms
EL CERRITO, CA (KGO) -- The city of El Cerrito is considering new rules to crack down on false security alarms and police are pushing the proposal.
It requires users to register their alarms with police or face fines. Alarm companies would also have to teach customers how to operate them properly.
Police say they waste too much time responding to false alarms.
el cerrito, crime, east bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 43 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
41 min ago