East Bay News
Man shot during robbery in Bay Point
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, CA -- Contra Costa County sheriff's deputies are interviewing witnesses Saturday who saw a man get shot Friday afternoon as he ran from a robber in the unincorporated community of Bay Point, a sergeant said.
At around 5:40 p.m., a man was walking near Mary Ann Lane and Clearland Circle when an armed robber approached him, Sgt. Paul O'Mary said this afternoon.
The victim reportedly ran away after handing the robber a cell phone charger. The robber then shot the man in the back as he ran. The victim called 911.
His injuries are not considered to be life threatening, O'Mary said.
The suspect is a skinny man who deputies believe is between 19 and 20 years old.
bay point, crime, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas 53 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View 37 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday