East Bay News
Man shot during robbery in Bay Point
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, CA -- Contra Costa County sheriff's deputies are interviewing witnesses Saturday who saw a man get shot Friday afternoon as he ran from a robber in the unincorporated community of Bay Point, a sergeant said.
At around 5:40 p.m., a man was walking near Mary Ann Lane and Clearland Circle when an armed robber approached him, Sgt. Paul O'Mary said this afternoon.
The victim reportedly ran away after handing the robber a cell phone charger. The robber then shot the man in the back as he ran. The victim called 911.
His injuries are not considered to be life threatening, O'Mary said.
The suspect is a skinny man who deputies believe is between 19 and 20 years old.
bay point, crime, east bay news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 54 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday