East Bay News
Walnut Creek marijuana club to close
WALNUT CREEK, CA (KGO) -- The head of Walnut Creek's only medical marijuana club says Monday is probably its last day in business.
The city says the "C3 Medical Cannabis Collective" is violating zoning laws, and it's been fining the club $500 a day since it opened last August.
But the collective's director says the last straw was a judge's ruling last month, that the club must close by Tuesday, or face contempt of court charges.
east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday