East Bay News
Walnut Creek marijuana club to close
WALNUT CREEK, CA (KGO) -- The head of Walnut Creek's only medical marijuana club says Monday is probably its last day in business.
The city says the "C3 Medical Cannabis Collective" is violating zoning laws, and it's been fining the club $500 a day since it opened last August.
But the collective's director says the last straw was a judge's ruling last month, that the club must close by Tuesday, or face contempt of court charges.
east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County 57 min ago
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
58 min ago
- Police visit homes of missing jetliner's...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos