East Bay News
ABC7 looks back at NUMMI
abc7 extra: GM, Toyota, UAW announce joint venture
abc7 extra: Fremont plant gets makeover before NUMMI opens
abc7 extra: NUMMI plant follows Japanese auto standards
abc7 extra: NUMMI workers' 1st day of training in Japan
abc7 extra: NUMMI workers get training in Japan
abc7 extra: NUMMI means big business for Port of Oakland
abc7 extra: Female NUMMI employee gets extra attention
abc7 extra: NUMMI workers return home from Japan
FREMONT, CA (KGO) -- In honor of the NUMMI plant closing at the end of this month, ABC7 went back into our video vault to bring back the stories we did in 1984 about the opening of NUMMI.
Above, you can watch our inital report on the announcement of the GM, Toyota joint venture, as well as stories on how the former GM auto plant was transformed into NUMMI and how NUMMI supervisors were sent to Japan for one-on-one training at Toyota headquarters.
Please share your thoughts and stories about the history of NUMMI and its closing in the comments section below. Also, if you have NUMMI photos you would like to share, please send them to ABC7 at email@example.com.
nummi, fremont, auto industry, general motors, toyota, east bay news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope 24 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos