East Bay News
Police locate missing mother, infant daughter
BENICIA, CA -- Benicia police said this morning they believe they have located 17-year-old Heide Guy and her 6-week-old daughter.
Guy was reported missing after apparently running away from her foster home on Riverhill Drive in Benicia early Monday morning, police said.
"Unfortunately, specifics cannot be released at this time as we are working to confirm the actual location and make personal contact with Guy and her daughter," Lt. Mike Daley said in an e-mail this morning.
"It appears the six-week-old is with Guy and in a location that is not endangering the child at this time. We are working with Alameda County Child Protection Services and other agencies to confirm this," Daley said.
Guy had moved to Benicia from Fairfield and had also run away from a home there, Daley said.
Police considered both Guy and her daughter to be "at risk."
benicia, east bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday