East Bay News
Oakland police warn of Craigslist robberies
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- A rash of armed robberies targeting Craigslist users has hit Oakland this month.
Oakland police say the scammers place an ad for a car or other relatively expensive item for sale, then rob the person who shows up to look at it.
Police suggest bringing someone with you when going to check out an item, don't bring a lot of cash, meet someplace busy and leave immediately if something does not seem right.
crime, craigslist, oakland, east bay news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin 21 min ago
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos