East Bay News
Demonstrators stage mock immigration raid
UC BERKELEY, CA (KGO) -- Arizona's immigration law has angered some students at UC Berkeley. At Sather Gate Thursday, organizers staged a mock immigration raid.
While the leader of the demonstration rallied the group with a megaphone, others allowed themselves to be handcuffed with pink ribbons.
Organizers told the few dozen students who showed up that the Arizona law is an attack on civil liberties.
uc berkeley, immigration, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 24 min ago
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 24 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 25 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 27 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 24 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 26 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
44 min ago