East Bay News
Coast Guard weighing options for whale carcass
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A dead whale that turned up in San Francisco Bay Wednesday did not move much overnight. It was still on the shore of Angel Island Thursday.
The Coast Guard is considering towing the whale to Point Richmond, but has not made a final decision yet.
Biologists at the Marin Marine Center Cay it appears to be too decomposed already to learn much from it.
animal, san francisco bay, east bay news
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela 20 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos