East Bay News
Coast Guard weighing options for whale carcass
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A dead whale that turned up in San Francisco Bay Wednesday did not move much overnight. It was still on the shore of Angel Island Thursday.
The Coast Guard is considering towing the whale to Point Richmond, but has not made a final decision yet.
Biologists at the Marin Marine Center Cay it appears to be too decomposed already to learn much from it.
animal, san francisco bay, east bay news
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight 3 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 1 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday