East Bay News
Group gathers at Lafayette crosses
LAFAYETTE, CA (KGO) -- America's war dead were remembered at events across the Bay Area.
An annual Memorial Day vigil was held on Monday night in Contra Costa County, at the Lafayette crosses.
The monument began rising on a hill above Highway 24 in November 2006.
Scattered among the crosses are a few stars of David and Islamic crescents.
lafayette, east bay news
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
17 min ago