East Bay News
School police seize six garbage bags full of pot plants
OAKLAND, CA -- Oakland school police seized six garbage bags full of marijuana plants from the back of a van after pulling the vehicle over for a traffic violation.
"I think the weed was sticking out of the window," said Sgt. Jonathan Bellusa.
Officers stopped the van at around 9:50 a.m. at Embarcadero Street and Fifth Avenue, Bellusa said. He estimates that the marijuana plants probably have a street value of about $20,000.
The driver, a man in his 50s, was arrested and sent to North County jail, Bellusa said.
oakland, pot bust, east bay news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope 40 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- BART board meets over error in union contract 11 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos