East Bay News
Motorcyclist killed in crash near Antioch
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, CA -- A man on a motorcycle was killed in Contra Costa County near Antioch late this afternoon when the driver of a pickup truck made an unsafe lane change and caused a Honda Civic to hit the motorcycle, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The CHP was trying this evening to locate the truck, a black Ford F-250 towing a white boat, which did not stop after the crash, CHP Officer John Short said.
The crash occurred at about 4:40 p.m. on eastbound state Highway 4 near Lone Tree Way after the F-250 was reportedly tailgating a white Honda Civic, Short said.
He said the truck then made an unsafe lane change, which forced the Honda Civic into the motorcycle.
The motorcycle driver died at the scene.
Bay City News contributed to this story.
contra costa county, east bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 19 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms 4 min ago
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony 26 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings 40 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial 31 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos