East Bay News
Man dies after being Tasered by Vallejo police
VALLEJO, CA -- A Vallejo man died Tuesday evening after he was shot with Taser guns during a struggle with Vallejo police.
Michael White, 47, died in the emergency room of Kaiser Permenente Vallejo Medical Center at 5:22 p.m., Solano County coroner's Deputy Adrian Garcia said. An autopsy is scheduled for this morning.
Police said an elderly woman who lives in the 300 block of San Marcus Drive in the Vallejo Mobile Estates had called 911 at 4:24 p.m. to report that a neighbor from across the street had assaulted her at her front door.
The injured woman had escaped the neighbor's grasp and he had returned home, Lt. Abel Tenorio said.
Police went to the home and found the neighbor, White, to be delusional and irrational, Tenorio said.
He refused to comply with officers' orders and became violent, and a struggle ensued, Tenorio said.
Officers attempted several control techniques and shot White with Taser guns but the Tasers had no effect and White continued to charge toward the officers, Tenorio said.
After a several-minute struggle, White was taken into custody, Tenorio said. Fire personnel and medics responded to the scene and White allegedly continued to be combative as he was placed on a gurney, put into an ambulance and taken to the hospital, Tenorio said.
Vallejo police and the Solano County District Attorney's Office are investigating the incident. White was on parole and had an extensive criminal history, including assaults on peace officers, Tenorio said.
vallejo, crime, use of force, east bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos