East Bay News
Bicyclist fatally struck by SUV in Tilden Park
OAKLAND, CA -- A 40-year-old Oakland man was killed while riding his bicycle in Tilden Regional Park on Saturday, East Bay Regional Park District police said.
William Flint II was riding downhill on South Park Drive near the Grizzly picnic area at about 2 p.m. when his bicycle drifted into oncoming traffic, police said.
He crashed into the side of a 2003 Ford Expedition sport utility vehicle.
The driver of the SUV, with help from an on-duty park employee, rendered aid while they waited for paramedics to arrive.
Flint was taken by helicopter to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, where he was pronounced dead, police said
oakland, car crash, east bay news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 6 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 49 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos