East Bay News
At least one person shot near Rodeo freeway
RODEO, CA -- The Contra Costa County Sheriff's office is investigating a shooting at a housing complex in Rodeo this afternoon, sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said.
The sheriff's office received a call at about 12:15 p.m. reporting shots fired in the area of Mariposa and California streets.
When deputies arrived they found evidence of a shooting, but the victim wasn't there.
Meanwhile, about 10 minutes after the initial call, the sheriff's office received a second call from the California Highway Patrol reporting that officers had located a shooting victim near the Willow Avenue exit from westbound Interstate Highway 80, Lee said.
The male victim was taken by helicopter to a local hospital. Lee did not know his age or condition.
Lee did not know how the victim got from the scene of the shooting to the highway, but said it isn't unusual for friends or family members of shooting victims to take victims to the hospital in a private vehicle instead of waiting for an ambulance to arrive.
crime, pinole, east bay news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died 37 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela 40 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty 28 min ago
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year 59 min ago
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday