East Bay News
At least one person shot near Rodeo freeway
RODEO, CA -- The Contra Costa County Sheriff's office is investigating a shooting at a housing complex in Rodeo this afternoon, sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said.
The sheriff's office received a call at about 12:15 p.m. reporting shots fired in the area of Mariposa and California streets.
When deputies arrived they found evidence of a shooting, but the victim wasn't there.
Meanwhile, about 10 minutes after the initial call, the sheriff's office received a second call from the California Highway Patrol reporting that officers had located a shooting victim near the Willow Avenue exit from westbound Interstate Highway 80, Lee said.
The male victim was taken by helicopter to a local hospital. Lee did not know his age or condition.
Lee did not know how the victim got from the scene of the shooting to the highway, but said it isn't unusual for friends or family members of shooting victims to take victims to the hospital in a private vehicle instead of waiting for an ambulance to arrive.
crime, pinole, east bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 29 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified 58 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday