East Bay News
Fire contained in Martinez near Hwy 4
MARTINEZ, CA (KGO) -- A four-acre fire in Contra Costa County briefly closed part of eastbound Highway 4 on Friday, but did not damage any houses.
Firefighters responded to the fire at 10:20 a.m. just south of Highway 4 near Franklin Canyon Road and McEwen Road in Martinez.
Two eastbound lanes of the highway were closed at around 11:20 a.m., but reopened shortly after noon.
It took firefighters about an hour and a half before they contained that fire.
martinez, highway 4, fire, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday