East Bay News
Fire contained in Martinez near Hwy 4
MARTINEZ, CA (KGO) -- A four-acre fire in Contra Costa County briefly closed part of eastbound Highway 4 on Friday, but did not damage any houses.
Firefighters responded to the fire at 10:20 a.m. just south of Highway 4 near Franklin Canyon Road and McEwen Road in Martinez.
Two eastbound lanes of the highway were closed at around 11:20 a.m., but reopened shortly after noon.
It took firefighters about an hour and a half before they contained that fire.
martinez, highway 4, fire, east bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 23 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday