East Bay News
Oakland police investigating 46th homicide of year
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Oakland police are investigating the city's 46th homicide of the year.
They say a 45-year-old man Asian man was found shot to death at the intersection of 18th and Webster Streets.
Police haven't released the man's identity, but, say the victim was from out of town and it was an attempted robbery.
They have no suspect description. There were 62 homicides this time last year.
oakland, crime, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire