East Bay News
Police apprehend two carjacking suspects after chase
OAKLAND, CA -- Oakland police took two suspects into custody Wednesday night following a carjacking and chase.
The carjacking occurred in the 2100 block of 45th Avenue at about 9:30 p.m., police said. Authorities pursued the suspects until they crashed the stolen car and were apprehended.
Weapons were recovered, and the suspects were taken to a nearby hospital in stable condition for medical clearance prior to booking, police said.
carjacking, crime, oakland, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide 17 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos