East Bay News
Police apprehend two carjacking suspects after chase
OAKLAND, CA -- Oakland police took two suspects into custody Wednesday night following a carjacking and chase.
The carjacking occurred in the 2100 block of 45th Avenue at about 9:30 p.m., police said. Authorities pursued the suspects until they crashed the stolen car and were apprehended.
Weapons were recovered, and the suspects were taken to a nearby hospital in stable condition for medical clearance prior to booking, police said.
carjacking, crime, oakland, east bay news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River
- 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- Czech police say Palo Alto man suspected in 4 murders
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday