East Bay News
Santa Rita inmate dies after being Tased
DUBLIN, CA (KGO) -- A Santa Rita jail inmate Tased twice by guards during an altercation Monday night has died.
Authorities say 50-year old Martin Harrison of Oakland was Tased after he charged at the deputy in a minimum-security area of the jail.
Harrison had been arrested last Friday on a warrant for driving under the influence.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.
use of force, crime, taser, east bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze 22 min ago
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 41 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday