East Bay News
Foster father pleads not guilty to molestation charges
OAKLEY, CA -- An Oakley foster father pleaded not guilty Wednesday to felony charges alleging that he committed sexual acts on a 10-year-old boy at his home in July, a Contra Costa County prosecutor said today.
John Shetterly, 47, has been charged with sexual penetration of a child 10 years old or younger, oral copulation with a child 10 years old or younger and two counts of lewd and lascivious acts on a child.
He pleaded not guilty to all four charges in Contra Costa County Superior Court in Pittsburg on Wednesday, Deputy District Attorney Paul Graves said.
The charges stem from a single assault that allegedly happened at Shetterly's home on the evening of July 22, Graves said.
The victim did not live with Shetterly, but Shetterly and his wife were registered with the state as foster parents and there were other children living in the home, Graves said.
According to Graves, it does not appear that Shetterly's wife knew of the attack or had anything to do with it.
Shetterly remained in custody today on $2.2 million bail, according to a county jail official.
He is scheduled to return to court Sept. 29 to set a date for a preliminary hearing.
oakley, crime, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 5 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 18 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 16 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos