East Bay News
Murder victim found in home identified
HERCULES, CA -- An elderly Hercules man who was found slain inside his home on Saturday has been identified as 73-year-old Ricaro Sales, a Contra Costa County deputy coroner said today.
Police were releasing few details about the case this morning, but Hercules police spokeswoman Michelle Harrington said officers are investigating the death as a homicide.
Police had received a report of two missing people at about 3:15 p.m. Saturday. One of the missing people was Sales, Harrington said. At about 5 p.m., officers went to Sales' home in the 1100 block of Crepe Myrtle Drive and found him dead inside.
Harrington said it appears that a physical confrontation preceded the killing.
Once police had made sure that the killer was not still inside the house, they put their investigation on hold for about six and a half hours while they obtained a warrant to search the home, Harrington said.
The second missing person has not been found, and police were not releasing information this morning about who the person is or how he or she is related to Sales.
An autopsy was being conducted on Sales' body this morning to determine a cause of death.
hercules, crime, east bay news
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 32 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 39 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos