East Bay News
Orinda brushfire chars hillside
ORINDA, CA (KGO) -- A fire charred a hillside in Orinda near Highway 24 Wednesday afternoon.
No homes were threatened. The fire was contained before 2 p.m.
The California Highway Patrol briefly shut down the eastbound Orinda offramp from Highway 24.
There is no word on the cause.
fire, highway 24, orinda, east bay news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore 42 min ago
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 30 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics 52 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos