East Bay News
Golf tournament held for Friends of Camp Concord
CLAYTON, CA (KGO) -- ABC7's Dan Ashley helped kick off the 14th Annual Friends of Camp Concord Golf Tournament on Monday, September 30 at the Oakhurst Country Club in Clayton.
Friends of Camp Concord sends hundreds of deserving kids, who otherwise can't afford the chance to enjoy time in the wilderness, for a week-long adventure in Lake Tahoe. The kids enjoy a traditional summer camp experience on 29 acres of land.
There were 150 golfers that showed up for the event.
Some former campers say they always have a great time doing activities, making friends, and experiencing something new every year.
"We've been doing this for 14 years and I worked up at camp and I saw what a great change it made in kids' lives. We have counselors from all over the world that share their experiences, great mentoring, great experience for the kids," says Dave Goldman, founder of Friends of Camp Concord.
Last year, 350 kids were able to attend camp with the money that was raised at this event last year.
If you would like to donate, you can do so through their website.
concord, east bay news, dan ashley
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos