East Bay News
Golf tournament held for Friends of Camp Concord
CLAYTON, CA (KGO) -- ABC7's Dan Ashley helped kick off the 14th Annual Friends of Camp Concord Golf Tournament on Monday, September 30 at the Oakhurst Country Club in Clayton.
Friends of Camp Concord sends hundreds of deserving kids, who otherwise can't afford the chance to enjoy time in the wilderness, for a week-long adventure in Lake Tahoe. The kids enjoy a traditional summer camp experience on 29 acres of land.
There were 150 golfers that showed up for the event.
Some former campers say they always have a great time doing activities, making friends, and experiencing something new every year.
"We've been doing this for 14 years and I worked up at camp and I saw what a great change it made in kids' lives. We have counselors from all over the world that share their experiences, great mentoring, great experience for the kids," says Dave Goldman, founder of Friends of Camp Concord.
Last year, 350 kids were able to attend camp with the money that was raised at this event last year.
If you would like to donate, you can do so through their website.
concord, east bay news, dan ashley
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday