East Bay News
Golf tournament held for Friends of Camp Concord
CLAYTON, CA (KGO) -- ABC7's Dan Ashley helped kick off the 14th Annual Friends of Camp Concord Golf Tournament on Monday, September 30 at the Oakhurst Country Club in Clayton.
Friends of Camp Concord sends hundreds of deserving kids, who otherwise can't afford the chance to enjoy time in the wilderness, for a week-long adventure in Lake Tahoe. The kids enjoy a traditional summer camp experience on 29 acres of land.
There were 150 golfers that showed up for the event.
Some former campers say they always have a great time doing activities, making friends, and experiencing something new every year.
"We've been doing this for 14 years and I worked up at camp and I saw what a great change it made in kids' lives. We have counselors from all over the world that share their experiences, great mentoring, great experience for the kids," says Dave Goldman, founder of Friends of Camp Concord.
Last year, 350 kids were able to attend camp with the money that was raised at this event last year.
If you would like to donate, you can do so through their website.
concord, east bay news, dan ashley
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel 42 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia 38 min ago
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track 55 min ago
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF to vote on new regulations for food trucks 51 min ago
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs 57 min ago
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Suited men duke it out in road rage brawl
16 min ago