East Bay News
Prosecutors spent thousands during Mehserle trial
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Alameda County prosecutors spent thousands of dollars during the BART police shooting trial.
According to the Bay Area News Group, the total bill for the district attorney's office totaled $144,000.
Once the trial for former BART officer Johannes Mehserle was moved to Los Angeles, prosecutors spent $25,000 on airfare, $55,000 on lodging and another $17,000 in other hotel costs.
Mehserle was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the shooting death of unarmed passenger Oscar Grant.
los angeles, johannes mehserle, oscar grant, alameda county, BART, east bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos