East Bay News
Pedestrian badly hurt in hit-and-run collision
A motorist struck and seriously injured a pedestrian in Castro Valley this morning and then fled, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Shortly after 10 a.m., the CHP received a report of a pedestrian down near the intersection of Foothill Boulevard and 164th Avenue, CHP Officer A. Paulson said.
Officers responded and found the injured pedestrian. The motorist involved had driven away after hitting the victim, and had not been located as of late this morning, Paulson said.
castro valley, hit and run, pedestrian struck, east bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 18 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 41 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 2 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 55 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested 34 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 23 min ago
- Police arrest man, 3 teens for attempted home burglary 6 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos