East Bay News
McClymonds High dedicates new football field
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Oakland's McClymonds High School on Friday dedicated its new football field to the man often called "the godfather" of McClymonds sports.
There was a ribbon-cutting ceremony at William Belford Stadium.
Belford lettered in football, basketball, and track and field at McClymonds.
After graduating in 1948, he became a major benefactor.
The event also featured a back-pack giveaway to students, and a showcase of the school's new iPads, provided at a reduced price by Apple, purchased by the Mack Alumni Association and other donors.
oakland, east bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Shooting in Oakland kills 1, injures another
- Crews battle fire at inner Mission apartment building 39 min ago
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos