East Bay News
Contra Costa passes strict anti-smoking rules
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, CA (KGO) -- One of the strongest smoking bans in the Bay Area was passed Tuesday by the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors.
The ordinance will prohibit smoking in common areas of apartment complexes, like patios and balconies.
It also bans smoking inside apartment units, built after 2011.
The new law also applies to medical marijuana.
The new ordinance includes language to protect landlords from liability as long as they meet all requirements in the smoking ban.
smoking, contra costa county, east bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012 43 min ago
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message 21 min ago
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts 1 min ago
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- SJ City College student claims $2.3M Powerball prize 10 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- SJ City College student claims $2.3M...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos