East Bay News
Contra Costa passes strict anti-smoking rules
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, CA (KGO) -- One of the strongest smoking bans in the Bay Area was passed Tuesday by the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors.
The ordinance will prohibit smoking in common areas of apartment complexes, like patios and balconies.
It also bans smoking inside apartment units, built after 2011.
The new law also applies to medical marijuana.
The new ordinance includes language to protect landlords from liability as long as they meet all requirements in the smoking ban.
smoking, contra costa county, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos