East Bay News
Citywide clothing swap at Albany community center
ALBANY, CA -- A community-wide clothing swap is being held in Albany tonight for residents looking to cheaply find a new wardrobe.
The event, organized by Albany's Recreation and Community Services Department, is scheduled for 7 p.m. in Rooms 1 and 2 at the Albany Community Center, located at 1249 Marin Ave.
Participants are asked to bring at least one bag of washed, gently worn men's, women's or children's clothing that can be swapped for clothes other residents have brought.
There are no dressing rooms available at the center, but outfits can be tried on over outer clothing. Clothing that is not swapped will be taken back home by its owners.
The event is scheduled to last until 8 p.m.
albany, fashion, east bay news
- Supreme Court could issue Prop 8, DOMA rulings 1 min ago
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday