East Bay News
Sketch released of suspect in attempted kidnapping
PINOLE, CA -- Police have released a sketch of a man who reportedly attempted to kidnap two young girls in Pinole on Friday afternoon.
The girls, sisters ages 5 and 10, were walking in the area of Sunnyview Drive and Nob Hill Avenue just after 4 p.m. when a man pulled up to them.
The man told the girls to get in his car and threatened to shoot their family members, police said.
He then allegedly reached out of the car window and grabbed the 5-year-old girl by her shirt, police said.
The older girl pulled her younger sister away from the man's grasp and pair ran away, police said. The suspect fled down Marlesta Road.
The suspect is described as an older white man with a gray goatee and a missing tooth on the upper left side of his mouth, police said.
His car is described as a green older-model four-door Jeep with tinted windows and a mounted tire in the rear that has the word "JEEP" on it, police said. The license plate was blue and white and contained the letter "G" and the number "5," police said.
As of this morning, no suspects had been identified, police said.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the car is encouraged to call the Pinole Police Department at (510) 724-8950.
pinole, crime, east bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive 59 min ago
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 7 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides 50 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Startup sells insurance based on how much...
59 min ago