East Bay News
Time capsule buried in honor of Orinda's 25th birthday
ORINDA, CA -- Federal, state and local officials will bury a time capsule in Orinda today to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the city's incorporation, according to U.S. Rep. John Garamendi's office.
Garamendi, state Sen. Mark DeSaulnier and state Assemblywoman Nancy Skinner will join Orinda Mayor Thomas McCormick, Vice Mayor Victoria Smith and council members Steve Glazer, Sue Severson and Amy Worth to mark the occasion.
The items in the time capsule will give future generations a glimpse of what life in Orinda was like in 2010, according to the city's website.
The event will begin at 4 p.m. at Orinda City Hall, located at 22 Orinda Way.
orinda, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 20 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 23 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos