East Bay News
Father sought after child abduction
SAN PABLO, Calif. (KGO) -- A 5-month-old boy kidnapped in San Pablo was found abandoned but unharmed on an Oakland street.
And now police are searching for the infant's father, 23-year-old Alfonso Evans who police say took the baby from his estranged girlfriend's home.
Investigators say Evans was already wanted for charges including child custody violations. He has had prior arrests for child cruelty, terrorist threats and weapons violations.
San Pablo police say the 23-year-old contacted the estranged girlfriend and threatened to harm the child.
Again, the child has been found safe, but please call police if you know where Evans can be found.
crime, child abduction, san pablo, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 58 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
58 min ago