East Bay News
Father sought after child abduction
SAN PABLO, Calif. (KGO) -- A 5-month-old boy kidnapped in San Pablo was found abandoned but unharmed on an Oakland street.
And now police are searching for the infant's father, 23-year-old Alfonso Evans who police say took the baby from his estranged girlfriend's home.
Investigators say Evans was already wanted for charges including child custody violations. He has had prior arrests for child cruelty, terrorist threats and weapons violations.
San Pablo police say the 23-year-old contacted the estranged girlfriend and threatened to harm the child.
Again, the child has been found safe, but please call police if you know where Evans can be found.
crime, child abduction, san pablo, east bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 28 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 3 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos