East Bay News
9 shot at Halloween party in Oakland
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Nine people were hospitalized in stable condition Sunday morning at six Bay Area hospitals following a midnight shooting incident in downtown Oakland.
Police are investigating what led up to the shootings at 19th Street and Broadway inside Historic Sweets Ballroom.
The victims were attending a Halloween party billed as the "Annual Fright Fest, the biggest college party in the Bay Area." A ballroom employee told the Oakland Tribune there were at least 600 people attending the party.
The worker says there was a minor fight before the shooting, but he thought those involved had left.
oakland, halloween, shooting, east bay news
- Two fires break out near each other in Hayward 56 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 15 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos