East Bay News
9 shot at Halloween party in Oakland
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Nine people were hospitalized in stable condition Sunday morning at six Bay Area hospitals following a midnight shooting incident in downtown Oakland.
Police are investigating what led up to the shootings at 19th Street and Broadway inside Historic Sweets Ballroom.
The victims were attending a Halloween party billed as the "Annual Fright Fest, the biggest college party in the Bay Area." A ballroom employee told the Oakland Tribune there were at least 600 people attending the party.
The worker says there was a minor fight before the shooting, but he thought those involved had left.
oakland, halloween, shooting, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket 53 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos