East Bay News
Chuck E. Cheese in Newark robbed at gunpoint
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- Newark police are asking for the public's help in finding the gunmen who robbed a packed Chuck E. Cheese restaurant over the weekend -- terrorizing parents and traumatizing the kids.
Newark police have no suspects in custody. There's no description either because the three gunmen had their faces covered.
The whole thing unfolded Saturday night, around 10 p.m. at the Chuck E Cheese's on Mowry School Road in Newark. It was about one hour before closing time, when three gunmen stormed into the restaurant while children and their parents were playing games and eating pizza. The robbers rounded-up everyone inside, about 40 people, and put them in a store room, while they robbed the place.
Employees and parents called 911 to report the robbery in progress, informing police that the suspects had guns. Over a dozen police officers from Newark and nearby Fremont surrounded the place, while dispatchers maintained contact with the victims inside. The victims were unsure if the suspects were still inside, since they were trapped in the store room.
Police entered the restaurant and secured the place, but noticed the suspects were already gone.
The only other business close by is a Chevy's restaurant. Those customers and employees were placed on lockdown and told to stay inside until the area was secure.
Fortunately no one was hurt in this incident.
If you have any information on the robbery, you're asked to call Newark police.
crime, newark, east bay news, janelle wang
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 32 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos