East Bay News
Dellums may leave office before his term ends
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums may leave office before his term ends January 3.
The San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that Dellums and his wife have been talking with city officials about the possibility of an early departure.
Dellums is under pressure to pay the IRS to clear up a $252,000 tax debt.
The mayor has been considering taking on paid speaking engagements and signing on with a Washington lobbying firm. He can't do either while he's mayor.
If Dellums were to resign, mayor-elect Jean Quan would automatically replace him.
oakland, ron dellums, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van 54 min ago
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos