East Bay News
Comcast cutting jobs in Livermore
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- Comcast has announced it is eliminating more than 150 jobs in the Bay Area.
Comcast says in order to improve customer experience; it is creating a new centralized collections operation in Sandy, Utah. The new center will handle customers from California and Washington.
One hundred fifty employees now at the Livermore campus will see their responsibilities phased out beginning in February.
Comcast says it has promised to help as many as possible find a new role with Comcast.
comcast, livermore, jobs, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday