East Bay News
Black Bear Diner in Walnut Creek robbed
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- A restaurant in Walnut Creek was robbed early Thursday morning, police said.
The robbery was reported at about 1 a.m. at the Black Bear Diner, located at 700 Bancroft Road, according to police.
Three suspects, all wearing masks and all-black clothing, overtook an employee exiting the rear of the restaurant after it had closed for the night.
One suspect struck the employee in the face while the other two entered the restaurant and ordered the only other employee inside to open the cash register, police said.
One of the suspects was armed with a 12-inch knife, according to police.
After taking cash from the register, the suspects moved both employees into an office at the restaurant and ordered them to open the safe in there.
The suspects took about $600 in total before fleeing the restaurant on foot, police said. Officers responded and searched the area but did not find the suspects.
The suspect armed with the knife was described as being about 5 feet 4 inches tall with a medium build. The second suspect is about 5 feet 8 inches tall with a thin build, while the third was only described as carrying a small bat, according to police.
Anyone with information about the robbery should contact Walnut Creek police at (925) 943-5844.
holiday, thanksgiving, walnut creek, crime, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 4 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 19 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- 7 OYS puts water-proof smartphone case to the test 2 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
24 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos