East Bay News
Oakland Airport to offer free parking deal
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland International Airport is offering up to 72 hours of free parking in January and February for people traveling midweek to Southern California.
The deal, valued at up to $66, is being offered for those flying to Southern California on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between Jan. 4 and Feb. 10, airport officials said.
Passengers flying from Oakland to Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County or Long Beach can park free in the daily lot for up to 72 hours by getting a coupon from www.oaklandairport.com.
After registering at the website and printing the coupon, passengers must print an airline e-ticket receipt that shows a departure to one of the Southern California airports. They should then park in the daily lot and get a parking lot ticket when entering.
To take advantage of the free parking, they will need to show the parking coupon, airline ticket receipt, parking lot ticket, and a driver's license to an attendant when leaving the lot.
Southwest and JetBlue offer a combined 114 daily nonstop flights to Southern California, airport officials said.
More information about the parking deal is available on the airport's website.
oakland international airport, east bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday