East Bay News
Woman identified in Thursday's crash near Benicia
A woman who was killed when a vehicle overturned on northbound Interstate Highway 680 in unincorporated Benicia Thursday afternoon has been identified by the Solano County coroner's office as Sally Sanchez.
Sanchez, 66, of Hayward, was killed in the solo-vehicle crash, which was reported shortly after 12:35 p.m. Thursday on northbound Highway 680 near Parish Road, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At least one other victim was injured in the crash and taken to John Muir Medical Center, according to the CHP. An update on the victim's condition was not immediately available today.
The crash blocked the far right lane of northbound Highway 680 for nearly two hours. The highway reopened shortly before 2:25 p.m., the CHP said.
hayward, benicia, east bay news
- Boy's body found at the bottom of a canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 43 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 49 min ago
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued 25 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- Missing elderly Palo Alto woman with Alzheimer's found 55 min ago
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 19 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
16 min ago
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
43 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T...
49 min ago