East Bay News
Woman identified in Thursday's crash near Benicia
A woman who was killed when a vehicle overturned on northbound Interstate Highway 680 in unincorporated Benicia Thursday afternoon has been identified by the Solano County coroner's office as Sally Sanchez.
Sanchez, 66, of Hayward, was killed in the solo-vehicle crash, which was reported shortly after 12:35 p.m. Thursday on northbound Highway 680 near Parish Road, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At least one other victim was injured in the crash and taken to John Muir Medical Center, according to the CHP. An update on the victim's condition was not immediately available today.
The crash blocked the far right lane of northbound Highway 680 for nearly two hours. The highway reopened shortly before 2:25 p.m., the CHP said.
hayward, benicia, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos