East Bay News
Woman identified in Thursday's crash near Benicia
A woman who was killed when a vehicle overturned on northbound Interstate Highway 680 in unincorporated Benicia Thursday afternoon has been identified by the Solano County coroner's office as Sally Sanchez.
Sanchez, 66, of Hayward, was killed in the solo-vehicle crash, which was reported shortly after 12:35 p.m. Thursday on northbound Highway 680 near Parish Road, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At least one other victim was injured in the crash and taken to John Muir Medical Center, according to the CHP. An update on the victim's condition was not immediately available today.
The crash blocked the far right lane of northbound Highway 680 for nearly two hours. The highway reopened shortly before 2:25 p.m., the CHP said.
hayward, benicia, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 56 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 25 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area 5 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos