East Bay News
Antioch police ask for cash donations
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- The city of Antioch's police department is hurting for cash so badly, officials are asking for donations.
ABC7's media partner the Contra Costa Times reports that Antioch has opened up a bank account where people can deposit money to help pay for police services.
Many donors want to help match a pledge made last month by the president of the Antioch Auto Center. So far the donations are working.
Antioch has delayed laying off six officers, but they still could lose their jobs later this month.
antioch, east bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday