East Bay News
Brass urn stolen from cemetery in Lafayette
LAFAYETTE, Calif. (KGO) -- Contra Costa County sheriff's investigators are looking into a theft at Oakmont Cemetery in Lafayette. Sunday night, someone broke into a mausoleum and stole a brass urn containing the remains of Thomas Gonzales Jr.
Gonzales was a founder of Commerce One, a major e-commerce company during the dot com boom.
His family believes whoever stole the urn may have thought it was made of gold. They're offering a $10,000 reward for its return.
lafayette, east bay news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday