East Bay News
Orinda police chase ends in fatal crash
ORINDA, Calif. (KGO) -- A police chase ended in a fatal crash on Camino Pablo in Orinda Tuesday afternoon, Orinda police said.
The pursuit began after a woman saw two cars that had been stolen from her home within the past 24 hours. She called the police, who pursued the drivers of the Ford pickup truck and Subaru SUV.
The Ford truck crashed into a power pole on Camino Pablo; the driver was killed in the crash. The driver in the Subaru escaped and the car was later recovered in Lafayette.
PG&E reports about 270 customers in the area are without power. They cannot begin to make repairs until police conclude their investigation at the scene. Camino Pablo is expected to be closed until 9:30 p.m.
car crash, orinda, highway 24, police chase, east bay news, laura anthony
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 20 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday