East Bay News
Police arrest suspect in attempted armed robbery
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- Police officers in Tracy have arrested a man suspected in an attempted home invasion robbery in Livermore earlier this week, Livermore police said.
At approximately 1:55 p.m. Monday, Peter Lundin, 28, allegedly entered a residence in the 3700 block of Madiera Way, with three residents and two visitors inside. Livermore police said that the residents knew Lundin.
After walking in uninvited, Lundin allegedly brandished a handgun and demanded one of the residents' valuables, police said.
Two of the residents immediately retreated to the backyard of the home, according to police.
While Lundin grew impatient waiting for the resident to surrender valuables, police said that he fired shots into the ceiling of the home.
Officers arrived at the scene five minutes later, but were unable to locate the suspect, even with the assistance of a police K-9.
Although police found evidence of gunshots, no injuries were reported. It is unknown whether any property was taken from the home.
At 6:30 p.m. Monday, Lundin was arrested following a police chase in Tracy.
Tracy police attempted to stop a stolen vehicle that Lundin was driving, but he allegedly failed to yield and led police on a chase.
Police said that Lundin abandoned the vehicle and attempted to flee on foot, but was apprehended after a short pursuit.
Lindin was booked into San Joaquin County Jail and is being held on charges of possession of a stolen vehicle, possession of a controlled substance, evading officers and driving under the influence.
livermore, crime, tracy, east bay news
- Man implaed, killed after metal pipe crashes through windshield 10 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado 34 min ago
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO 9 min ago
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feintsein's vote 14 min ago
- UK officials: Radical Islam drives London attack
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area 29 min ago
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Stray pony found wandering Richmond's Iron Triangle 51 min ago
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 54 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
42 min ago
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos