East Bay News
Police arrest suspect in attempted armed robbery
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- Police officers in Tracy have arrested a man suspected in an attempted home invasion robbery in Livermore earlier this week, Livermore police said.
At approximately 1:55 p.m. Monday, Peter Lundin, 28, allegedly entered a residence in the 3700 block of Madiera Way, with three residents and two visitors inside. Livermore police said that the residents knew Lundin.
After walking in uninvited, Lundin allegedly brandished a handgun and demanded one of the residents' valuables, police said.
Two of the residents immediately retreated to the backyard of the home, according to police.
While Lundin grew impatient waiting for the resident to surrender valuables, police said that he fired shots into the ceiling of the home.
Officers arrived at the scene five minutes later, but were unable to locate the suspect, even with the assistance of a police K-9.
Although police found evidence of gunshots, no injuries were reported. It is unknown whether any property was taken from the home.
At 6:30 p.m. Monday, Lundin was arrested following a police chase in Tracy.
Tracy police attempted to stop a stolen vehicle that Lundin was driving, but he allegedly failed to yield and led police on a chase.
Police said that Lundin abandoned the vehicle and attempted to flee on foot, but was apprehended after a short pursuit.
Lindin was booked into San Joaquin County Jail and is being held on charges of possession of a stolen vehicle, possession of a controlled substance, evading officers and driving under the influence.
livermore, crime, tracy, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos