East Bay News
ConocoPhillips refinery leak cleaned up
RODEO, Calif. -- A small oil leak at the ConocoPhillips refinery in Rodeo on Sunday has been cleaned up and no off-site impact was reported, refinery spokesman Mark Hughes said today.
County firefighters were called to the refinery, located at 1380 San Pablo Ave., at about 2:30 p.m. to help monitor a leak reported by refinery officials, a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District dispatcher said.
Hughes said the incident lasted for about half an hour. No injuries were reported and no community impact could be detected.
The company is required to report spills even when they do not pose a threat to public health.
rodeo, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos