East Bay News
ConocoPhillips refinery leak cleaned up
RODEO, Calif. -- A small oil leak at the ConocoPhillips refinery in Rodeo on Sunday has been cleaned up and no off-site impact was reported, refinery spokesman Mark Hughes said today.
County firefighters were called to the refinery, located at 1380 San Pablo Ave., at about 2:30 p.m. to help monitor a leak reported by refinery officials, a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District dispatcher said.
Hughes said the incident lasted for about half an hour. No injuries were reported and no community impact could be detected.
The company is required to report spills even when they do not pose a threat to public health.
rodeo, east bay news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms 33 min ago
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions 28 min ago
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides 37 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- 49ers sign DE Justin Smith to 2-year extension
- Three arrested in connection with fatal E. SJ stabbing 22 min ago
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear...
28 min ago
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food,...
37 min ago