East Bay News
Sex crimes prosecutor accused of rape gets job back
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- In Contra Costa County, a former sex crimes prosecutor who himself faces rape charges has won his job back.
Deputy District Attorney Michael Gressett was fired for misconduct after being charged with the rape of an office colleague three years ago. But an arbitrator has ordered the county to reinstate Gressett -- with backpay and benefits -- ruling that the district attorney's office had no cause to fire him.
Criminal charges against Gressett are still pending, but the victim in the case has reportedly reached a $450,000 settlement with the county.
contra costa county, east bay news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos