East Bay News
Police search for missing at-risk woman
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- The Alameda County Sheriff's Department is asking for help to find a missing at-risk woman.
Maya Winebrenner was last seen Jan. 24 at the Redwood Place Convalescent Home in Castro Valley. Staff members say the 20-year-old never returned to the home, where she was staying while waiting for foster placement.
Winebrenner suffers from mood and anxiety disorders and a mild mental disability. She was last seen near the Safeway on Foothill Boulevard in Hayward.
missing person, hayward, castro valley, east bay news
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 5 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter 4 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy 50 min ago
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos