East Bay News
Alameda soldier dies in Afghanistan
ALAMEDA, Calif. (KGO) -- The Defense Department has identified a soldier from Alameda who died in an explosion in Afghanistan on Thursday.
Staff Sergeant Eric Trueblood was injured when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device in Kandahar Province.
The 27-year-old was serving with the 391st Combat Sustainment Support Battalion based in Mannheim, Germany.
afghanistan war, army, alameda, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes 50 min ago
- Oakland family requests feeding tube for girl 36 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- BART Board president wants to ban transit...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos