East Bay News
Alameda soldier dies in Afghanistan
ALAMEDA, Calif. (KGO) -- The Defense Department has identified a soldier from Alameda who died in an explosion in Afghanistan on Thursday.
Staff Sergeant Eric Trueblood was injured when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device in Kandahar Province.
The 27-year-old was serving with the 391st Combat Sustainment Support Battalion based in Mannheim, Germany.
afghanistan war, army, alameda, east bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY 14 min ago
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos