East Bay News
Alameda soldier dies in Afghanistan
ALAMEDA, Calif. (KGO) -- The Defense Department has identified a soldier from Alameda who died in an explosion in Afghanistan on Thursday.
Staff Sergeant Eric Trueblood was injured when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device in Kandahar Province.
The 27-year-old was serving with the 391st Combat Sustainment Support Battalion based in Mannheim, Germany.
afghanistan war, army, alameda, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 34 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 37 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
34 min ago
- Bay Area residents monitor SKorea ferry...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos